Friday, September 30, 2011

Rhetorical Analyses

I really enjoy reading funny blogs and blogs about working in offices.  I found a blog that actually has both!  http://www.officehumorblog.com/  Is a blog all about funny pranks that occur in the office workplace.  We had to make a rhetorical analyses about this blog so I will be answering the four questions.  The author is trying to make people laugh and maybe even persuade his audience to do office pranks.  The author produces humor through tools such as satire and the use of puns.  These tools make the audience feel happy.  The author needs the audience to feel this way because if the reader does not enjoy the humor that he is presenting they will just go to a different website.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome blog to write your RA on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, for some reason I'm not able to access the website address you've provided. Second of all, remember that you need to analyze a specific post of the blog, not the blog in general, so the information you've given here isn't quite specific enough. Also, I'm a bit worried that this blog isn't particularly persuasive, but of course I can't determine that until I see it. Anyway, get that info up and we'll see where we can go from there.

    ReplyDelete